Yo yo yo internet peeps! It’s break time at 11AM Friday and I’m super excited! I’ve been super tired at work this week (even though we just had a long weekend…) so I’m looking forward to starting the weekend in 4 hours!
And you know what the weekend means (other than all the drankssss)! It’s high time for brunch and I’ve got a great little recipe for you to try!
These little banana crepe pockets are so easy to make. The hardest part was waiting the half hour for the batter to rest. And that was only medium hard!
You can fill these little crepes up with any fruit or topping you like; I’m thinking strawberries, mangoes, oranges, eggs, tomatoes, ice cream……are you excited yet??
- 1 egg
- 50g all purpose flour
- 135g milk
- 7g sugar
- 2 bananas
- Honey or chocolate syrup
- 1. Mix together the egg, flour, milk, and sugar.
- 2. Sift the batter and let sit for 30 minutes.
- 3. Heat a skillet over medium heat, and apply a thin layer of butter using a brush or paper towel.
- 4. Ladle enough batter into the skillet to make a thin circle. (Swirl the batter in the pan to spread it out)
- 5. Cook until the edges start to turn golden brown, and flip to the other side. Cook for another 10 seconds.
- 6. Slice the bananas and spread over the middle of the crepe. Fold the edges in to form a square.
- 7. Garnish with some more banana slices, walnuts, and drizzle with syrup or honey.
- 8. Enjoy while warm 🙂