Hello World. Finally we’ve made it through the cold, wet months and into the summer season! If all your friends are human-sloths like mine are, then finally we’ll see them come down from the trees and out to do socializing.
Today I’m sharing a super easy, super quick recipe that you can throw together for that next social thing you’re attending this season.
So, worst things first. These are probably kinda high in fat. But they’re super delicious, almost too easy to make, comes together in no time, inexpensive as heck, people will think you bought them, you’ll have a whole debate about how you really didn’t, you’ll make some new friends……..I think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
What do you say? Ready to throw your summer bod to the wind and make some yummy for your tummy?
Cheese & Spinach Crescent Rolls
2x tubes Pillsbury crescent rolls
1x package of frozen spinach (250~300g packages)
1/2c dill cream cheese (or any other flavour you like)
1c shredded cheese
1/2c frozen corn
2tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
Handful chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave. Microwave on high for about 6 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Using a strainer or sieve, push out as much liquid as possible from the spinach.
- Mix in cream cheese, corn, cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and cut along the perforated lines in the dough.
- Spread the filling over the dough triangles. Don’t go too close to the edges or the filling will squeeze out when rolled. Roll up the crescents.
- Beat the egg and brush over the crescent rolls. Sprinkle the parsley on top (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and flaky.